What is the AIA ?
The AIA is North America’s oldest and largest archaeological organization. Its nearly 210,000 members and more than 100 Local Societies in the United States, Canada and overseas are united in a shared passion for archaeology and its role in furthering human knowledge.
What Does the AIA Do?
- Educates teachers, students, and enthusiasts through training programs and online resources, including lesson plans.
- Publishes ARCHAEOLOGY Magazine, the highly praised popular magazine covering world archaeology, and the American Journal of Archaeology, one of the most distinguished and widely circulated scholarly archaeological journals.
- Advocates to protect sites and artifacts from the elements, indifference, and looting through the promotion of professional field practice, active participation in the stewardship of archaeological sites, and the encouragement of responsible archaeological tourism.
- Sponsors an extraordinary series of over 300 yearly public lectures by the world s leading archaeologists.
- Hosts an Annual Meeting where professionals share accounts of their latest discoveries in formal and informal sessions.
What Does Membership Give You?
- Membership in the world’s largest archaeological organization.
- Affiliation with an AIA Local Society, enabling you to share the latest discoveries and meet archaeologists who are changing the way we look at the past.
- Archaeology Magazine included in all AIA Memberships.
- Eligibility for AIA fellowships and grants.
- Discounts on Annual Meeting registration, ARCHAEOLOGY merchandise and AIA Tours.
- Travel grants (for students).
- Discounts on JPASS.
- Unparalleled networking opportunities.
- Special AIA Membership discounts at Museum Partners across the country.
- Discounts on various Earthwatch programs and archaeological field schools.
- Invitations to special events.
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities.
Become a Member Today!
To become a member of the AIA or renew your current membership–Just click here.